Fancy a job as Maintenance Technician?
This is what your day will look like:
- You are responsible for production support, machine maintenance, machine planning, building maintenance and safety.
- You walk the entire production line at least daily, and look for abnormalities.
- You are available in production during planned product changes.
- You maintain preventive maintenance schedules and document them.
- You promptly respond to corrective maintenance calls and repairs.
- You maintain the building according to OSHA, BRC, and housekeep best practices with support from production personnel.
- You organize and maintain supply- and mechanical rooms.
- You maintain the log of permanent and temporary repairs.
- You review supervisors daily reports and fix or arrange repair of any reported technical issues.
- You ensure that all OSHA requirements are implemented and maintained.
- You monitor the proper functioning of the fire protection, cooling and waste water systems.
- You assist in developing and maintaining an effective safety training program.
- You do several other tasks as requested and defined by your supervisor or manager.
This is what we expect from you:
- You have experience in maintenance systems (on the job).
- You are a team player and stress resistant.
- You have a basic experience with software (Microsoft, Office).
- You are a flexible person and willing to work overtime/weekends as needed.
- You are hands on and have technical skills.
This is what you get in return:
- Together with your colleagues, you will join our Sweet Adventure growth programme, allowing both you and our organisation to develop.
- Whether you come by bike or by car, you can get to work without any traffic jams.
- Your working conditions are great with a wage package in keeping with market rates.
- You will join a warm and welcoming organisation with great colleagues, where you can enjoy the delicious aroma of biscuits every day.
- Every day, you will be working on The Sweet Adventure so that everyone in the world can enjoy our divine products.
- A delicious adventure!
Apply for Maintenance Technician!
Eager to work with us? Then apply quickly using the form below!
I’ve been working as a production line worker for 18 years, first at d’Haubry and then at Poppies Bakeries after the takeover. Laughter and chatting in the workplace are not frowned on, which I very much appreciate. Being able to make people happy with a biscuit makes me happy too. Back in the day, there were only 4 of us working at d’Haubry. Since then, our production environment has evolved and been automated a great deal since then, giving me the opportunity to evolve over the years too!
Get in touch
Poppies Bakeries Rocky Mount
6610 Corporation Parkway
Battleboro, NC 27809 (USA)
Tel: (252) 442-4016