Fancy a job as Managing Director USA?
This is what your day will look like:
In general you will be overseeing the overall operations and sustainable growth of our Poppies Bakeries production site in the US (Rocky Mount). This site had a turnover of $76.5m in 2022 - a growth of 11% versus 2021 – and employs more than 140 employees.
This means a.o.:
- providing leadership and guidance to the company’s management team and its employees. You make important decisions regarding resource allocation, business opportunities and risk management.
- being responsible for setting the company’s strategic goals and objectives such as growth, market penetration, innovation strategies, improving operational excellence, developing employee engagement, … in close collaboration with your local management team and external stakeholders.
- Working closely together with the Finance Manager and the Senior VP Operations to oversee the company's financial activities, including budgeting, financial reporting, cost-efficiency and investment decisions. Monitoring and adjusting the operations KPI’s (waste, overweight and productivity) is crucial.
- identifying new business opportunities and driving the company’s growth in cooperation with the (Senior) VP Sales & Marketing. You explore how to build a sustainable growth for both the Poppies and Delizza brand in the US. You explore potential partnerships or strategic adjustments to ensure the company’s competitiveness.
- setting the tone for the company’s culture and values. You promote employee engagement and ensure that the company’s culture aligns with the goals and values of the Poppies Bakeries Group. You build on our Sweet Adventure employer brand, by attracting and retaining top talent, developing leadership capabilities, and having performance reviews.
In this position, you will report to the CEO of the Poppies Bakeries group.
This is what we expect from you:
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to inspire and motivate teams, make decisions and provide direction to the Poppies Bakeries organisation in the US.
- Strategic vision, with full P&L responsibility in an FMCG business, with a proven track record in achieving business growth. Business expertise relevant to our operations is highly valued.
- Business acumen: you have a deep understanding of business departments, including Finance, Operations, Supply Chain, Marketing & Sales. You are a versatile and results-oriented team player who has in-depth knowledge of the business at strategic, tactical, and operational levels.
- Outstanding communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills to effectively engage with stakeholders at all levels and our head office in Belgium.
- Adaptability and resilience: you live in the neighborhood of our production site in Rocky Mount (US) or are willing to move there with your family.
This is what you get in return:
Join our team as a Managing Director and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our Poppies Bakeries business in the US. If you are a visionary leader with a passion for driving growth and success, we invite you to apply and be part of our Sweet Adventure journey.
Apply for Managing Director USA!
Eager to work with us? Then apply quickly using the form below!
I’ve been part of a good and committed team for some time. There have been a lot of investments in flexibility recently, which is something I really appreciate. The new ERP package is opening doors to working more efficiently and to taking on new tasks and roles. Despite the fact that the company continues to grow in terms of size and job opportunities, it feels like we are one big family!
Get in touch
Poppies Bakeries nv
8980 Zonnebeke (België)
Tel: 057 46 02 00