Fancy a job as Shift Team Leader?
This is what your day will look like:
- You lead production teams comprised of production workers and ensure proper set up of production lines, implementation of quality requirements and proper product delivery.
- You work as a part of the production team by performing quality control checks, moving product into and out of the work area, and by assisting the production team when needed.
- You are responsible for caring out metal detector checks as per written procedure.
- You plan and assign work to shift employees. You keep workers supplied with work and supply the necessary to complete work tasks.
- You ensure production in an effective way to ensure that production goals are met:
- Minimize waste
- Maximize output
- In compliance with quality guidelines
- In compliance with safety laws and company safety policies and procedures.
- In compliance with the procedures, specifications and GMP
- As a staff member, you are responsible for safety of those workers in his/her work area via implementation of the safety procedures and policies of the organization. You investigate and report findings of accidents to the immediate supervisor and the Production Manager.
- You enforce that hygiene and GMP standards are met and at the same time you create a satisfying and fulfilling work environment.
- You assist in the training of production employees in cooperation with the Production and Quality Manager to enhance the employees’ spectrum of capabilities and the support of their performance.
- You inform the Production Manager and Maintenance of any malfunction in machinery and any other equipment.
- You report all risks and or threats in relation with staff, machines, procedures or premises.
- You do other tasks as requested and defined by your supervisor or manager.
This is what we expect from you:
- You have a minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent;
- You have the ability to apply principles of logical thinking of a wide range of practical problems, together with the ability to deal with a variety of abstract or concrete variables;
- You have knowledge of Microsoft software (Office);
- You have a hands on personality;
- You are goal and task oriented;
- You are a people manager.
This is what you get in return:
- Together with your colleagues, you will participate in our Sweet Adventure growth trajectory, allowing both you and our organisation to grow.
- You will join a warm organisation with great colleagues, where you can enjoy the sweet smell of biscuits every day.
- Every day you work on The Sweet Adventure so that everyone in the world can enjoy our delicious products.
- A wonderful adventure!
Apply for Shift Team Leader!
Eager to work with us? Then apply quickly using the form below!
I’ve been working as a production line worker for 18 years, first at d’Haubry and then at Poppies Bakeries after the takeover. Laughter and chatting in the workplace are not frowned on, which I very much appreciate. Being able to make people happy with a biscuit makes me happy too. Back in the day, there were only 4 of us working at d’Haubry. Since then, our production environment has evolved and been automated a great deal since then, giving me the opportunity to evolve over the years too!
Get in touch
Poppies Bakeries Rocky Mount
6610 Corporation Parkway
Battleboro, NC 27809 (USA)
Tel: (252) 442-4016